1. What is PDMA India?
PDMA-India is the Indian Affiliate of PDMA, USA located at Chennai. The Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) is the premier global advocate for product development and management professionals. Our mission is to improve the effectiveness of individuals and organizations in product development and management. This is accomplished by providing resources for professional development, information, collaboration and promotion of new product development and management. The development of new products and services involves an integrated set of unique activities. PDMA is the only organization that focuses on addressing this challenge by providing the following opportunities for professional development: education, experience, networking and recognition.
2. What is PDMA-India International Conference?
Product Development Management Association (PDMA), India the Indian affiliate of PDMA, USA in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is hosting a one-day “PDMA-India International Conference 2017” on 30th December 2017 at IITM. The PDMA Conference primarily aims to link the researchers and practitioners from different branches of product development, innovation and engineering management to come to a common platform and showcase the best practices being practised in the New Product Development.
3. Who should attend the conference?
The conference is designed for Product Managers, Product Teams, Research Scholars, Professors, Various PDMA Chapters, C-Level Executives and any professionals interested in new product development.
4. Where is the conference being held?
The conference will be held at ICSR Hall, IIT-Madras campus, Sardar Patel Road, Chennai.
5. What time does the conference begin and end?
Participants are requested to be present at the venue before 9:30 am. The conference is scheduled to happen between 10:00 am and 06:00 pm.
For detailed agenda click here.
6. How to arrive at the conference venue?
The IIT campus is located at Sardar Patel Road, midway between the Raj Bhavan and Adyar bus terminus and is around 12 km from Chennai Central Railway Station and 14km from Chennai Airport. Landmarks include the Guindy Snake Park near the IIT main gate and the Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) campus opposite the IIT campus.
7. Are there any special rates for hotel rooms?
Be sure to book your hotel room through the night of Friday, December 29. The conference wraps evening on Saturday, December 30 with the closing session. The following hotels are recommended for ease of accessibility to IIT Madras campus.
1. The Ginger - No 1 FA, 11th Floor, IITM Research Park, Behind Tidal Park, Kanagam Road
Taramani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600113.
Phone: 044-6666 3333
2. The Metroplace Hotels - Phase III, Zenith Building, Ascendas IT Park, CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600113.
Phone: 044-6679 8888.
3. Hablis, Chennai - 19 G.S.T Road, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600034
4. Park Hyatt - 39 Velachery Road, Near Raj Bhavan
Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600052
Phone: 044 7177 1234
5. Le Royal Meridien - No 1, GST Road, St Thomas Mount
Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600016
Phone: 044 2231 4343
8. What is the registration fee?
For registration fee and early bird offers please click here.
9. Is the registration fee refundable?
No the registration fee on non-refundable. For more information, please review the conference terms and conditions.
10. What is included in the registration fee?
The conference registration fee provides full participation in the conference including registration and conference materials, refreshments, lunch etc.
11. Can I transfer my registration if I am unable to attend?
No, the registration is non-transferable.
12. How should I dress for the conference?
Formal shirt and trousers for men, Saree or salwar kameez for women are recommended.
13. I came across your PDMA conference, I would like to know whether my Organisation can be an event sponsor for this one-day Conference?
Yes. Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more details please contact Mr.Vikram Sivaraman [8056-222-958].
14. What is the weather like in Chennai?
The average daily high in Chennai in the month of December is a comfortable 29˚C, with an average low 23˚C. The mean temperature is 26˚C. Usually, the weather is pleasant and enjoyable during the end of December.
15. Whom should I contact for any additional queries?